April 2020, Week 1
Keep fresh, local food on the table this season. The farm market continues to be open on Mondays and Saturdays as a resource to our community, creating space where you can find local greens, greenhouse-grown veggies, and artisan meats and cheeses. Everything you need is here: nourishment for your body and space for your soul.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
It's more than a place to shop. It's a place to relax, to be yourself. To take a moment and breathe while committing to local business in this time. To be part of a community, while keeping that community safe.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
The farm welcomes everyone, no matter what the circumstances. We're going to do this together.
Looking to add some more staples to your weekly share?
Our newly launched Essentials Share is a great compliment to the Simple Share. Click here for more information and to sign up!
This week in your Simple Share...
Parsley Root - 1 bunch
Parsley Root Soup
Amish Fried Pears
- 1 fresh pear per person, peeled and diced
- 1 TBS. brown sugar per pear used
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon per pear used
- 1 TBS. butter per pear used
- Melt the butter until bubbling. Add the pears and other ingredients.
- Cook the mixture, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- The pears are done when fully coated with the other ingredients, and browned until crispy.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Carrots - 1 bunch
Kale - 1 bag
Sesame Kale Noodles
Lettuce Mix - 1 bag
A fresh, crisp blend of leafy greens grown on the farm in our hoop houses.
Beet Greens - 1 bag
Sauteed Garlic Beet Greens
Grassfed Beef Patties - 1 package
Canyon Meadows Ranch
Hamburger Buns - 1/2 dozen
We'll see you next week!
-The Simple Share Team