January 2020, Week 4
For many months - for many years - our focus on the farm has faced outward. We ebbed and flowed with the cycles of the land, planting, and harvesting, exploring the limits of our understanding and our dedication to the land. We built capacity, understanding, and connection. We built a farm we're happy to share, among people we love.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
This year, we're redirecting some of that capacity and creativity into different parts of the farm's operations. Instead of keeping all of our focus on the tangible - the market - we're focusing instead on building opportunities for people to experience true immersion. We'll be talking and writing more about what that means in the coming months. We will, of course, be welcoming you to breathe with us, to experience the farm with us, and to become fluent in the language of the land.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
We've made this possible by redirecting some of our energy into new development and setting more intentional hours for the market. Starting Monday, January 20, the Farm Market will be open Monday and Saturday, 9 AM - 6 PM.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
We invite you to join us on either of those days, and to keep an eye on this space for more about our vision, our focus, and our ongoing commitment to making the farm not just a resource for food, but a resource for the spirit.⠀
This week in your Simple Share...
Cilantro - 1 bunch
Cilantro Garlic Sauce
Salad Mix - 1 bag
A beautiful mix of our favorite greens grown on the farm in our hoop houses.
Apples - 3 lbs
Carrot Apple Zucchini Loaf
Potatoes - 3 lbs
Easy Breakfast Potatoes
Carrots - 1 bunch
Raw Vegan Carrot Energy Bites
- 1 cup chopped carrots (about 1 large)
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1 cup oats (rolled or quick)
- 1/2 cup dates (about 5)
- 1/4 cup cashew butter (or nut butter of choice)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut (for rolling)
- Add the carrots into a food processor and blend until finely chopped. Transfer to a bowl.
- Return the bowl of the food processor back onto the base and add the pecans and coconut. Pulse to form a sandy texture. Add the oats and dates and process again until a sand texture has formed. Add the remaining ingredients and blend until dough comes together.
- Shape the dough into tablespoon-sized balls. Repeat until all of the mixture has been used.
- Place the shredded coconut in a shallow dish and roll each ball in the coconut to coat it. Place balls in an airtight container and store in the fridge for 1 - 2 weeks.
Microgreens - 1 bag
Sourdough Microgreen Avocado Toast
- 2 slices sourdough bread, toasted
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 avocado, mashed
- Microgreens, for topping
- Hemp seeds, for garnish
Onions - 2
Yogurt - 1 container
Milk Honey Yogurt
We'll see you next week!
Granola Bars - 3 bars
- The Simple Share Team