May 2020, Week 1
Nothing satisfies body and soul like a deep, simple meal. You don't have to make something fancy. A fried egg and some greens on a piece of fresh toast. A breakfast hash with a splash of mustard. Our Essential Share is designed to make just that kind of simple meal easy to make. Each week, you receive a selection of pantry staples: farm fresh eggs, yogurt, greens, artisan bread, a vegetable starch, and more. It's easy. It's reliable. And it makes the kinds of belly-warming staple meals you love taste that much better.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Get back to the basics. You don't need a lot of ingredients to make something that nourishes you and your family. But you can make sure the ingredients you do have are local, fresh, and delicious.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
The Essential Share is a perfect complement to your Simple Share, making the most of Utah Farms and showcasing what local food can be.
Click HERE for more information and to sign up!
This week in your Simple Share...Apples - 3 Lbs
Apple Cinnamon Overnight Oats
- 2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk, or milk of choice
- 1/2 cup non-fat, 2% or whole Greek yogurt, I used non-fat
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- Pinch of salt
- 2/3 cup rolled oats, gluten-free if needed
- 1 small apple, shredded, diced or do half and half.
- Almond butter for topping (optional)
- In a medium-sized bowl whisk together the wet ingredients. Stir in the dry ingredients and the apple until combined.
- Divide the mixture into two jars or bowls, cover, and refrigerate for 2-3 hours or overnight. Top with the extra diced apple, almond butter, and cinnamon if desired.
Potatoes - 4 Lbs
Baked Parmesan and Garlic Potato Wedges
Asparagus - 1 Bunch
Browned Butter Roasted Asparagus
Lettuce Mix - 1 Bag
A blend of our favorite fresh, crisp greens grown on the farm in our hoop houses.
Parsley Root - 1 Bunch
Roasted Spring Vegetables with Tarragon Vinaigrette
Baby Arugula - 1 Bunch
Crispy Potato and Arugula Salad
Bunching Onions - 1 Bunch
Cheesy Bacon Green Onion Scones
Tortilla Chips - 1 Bag
Medium Salsa - 1 Jar
We'll see you next week!
- The Simple Share Team