May 2020, Week 3
Which way is the wind blowing? If you're not outside right now, you might not know. Maybe you can look out a window for clues and get a general sense of the direction, but that's not the same as standing in the open, turning until you feel it.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
The wind changes. It warms and cools. It kicks up dust or whips snow or gently nudges spring rain clouds into the valleys. It's ever-changing and ever-present.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
The winds of our lives are ever-present too. They might blow us into a different place than we'd imagined, or a different calling, or a different life. But just like the real winds, they're also ever-changing. Where they lead us today might not be where they lead us tomorrow. There are times when they're still and times when they're gusty. There are times when we hunker down and times we let ourselves be uprooted and carried away.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
The only constant is the push and pull, the world making its own inscrutable plans around us. And what we can do: hold up a finger and test the winds.⠀
LOOKING TO ADD SOME MORE STAPLES TO YOUR WEEKLY SHARE?
OUR NEWLY LAUNCHED ESSENTIALS SHARE IS A GREAT COMPLIMENT TO THE SIMPLE SHARE. CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO SIGN UP!
This week in your Simple Share...Yams - 3 lbs
Breakfast Sweet Potato
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 medium banana, sliced
- 1-2 Tbsp. creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Wash and dry your sweet potato.
- Poke holes in it with a fork and wrap it in a paper towel and cook in the microwave until you can stick a fork all the way thru and it feels done (soft). Mine takes 8-10 minutes in the microwave.
- Carefully cut the sweet potato in half and place banana slices on the sweet potato. Then drizzle the peanut butter on top, followed by the chia seeds and ground cinnamon.
- I eat the skin and all! Such a satisfying breakfast. Enjoy!
Lettuce Mix - 1 bag
A blend of our favorite crisp, fresh greens grown on the farm in our hoop houses.
Chard - 1 bunch
Simple Sauteed Swiss Chard
Chives - 1 bunch
Chive Garlic Hashbrown Patties
Pears - 3 lbs
Pear Broccoli and Apple Salad
Turnips - 1 bunch
Garlic Mashed Turnips
Mustard - 1 jar
Brioche Buns - 1/2 dozen
We'll see you next week!
- The Simple Share Team