The land is our oldest and most generous teacher. We’re born speaking its language. For many of us, it becomes a distant memory, paved over by modern lives. But when children come to the farm, they’re immersed in the power of the soil, the sky, the potential and new growth. They change, not into something new, but into a full expression of what has always been.
This summer, young farmers ages 4-7 and 8-12 will unlock a deep, innate connection to the land. They’ll tune into the rhythms of the world around them. They’ll observe, work, play, and discover. They’ll hear stories and songs, and feel the power they have to create with their hands. Farm camp is an invitation to find a place in the living universe. Sign up here.
Farm Camp is coming up! We're busy preparing a rich, immersive curriculum for each child who attends. As always, we're focused on giving each child a deeply meaningful experience while keeping an emphasis on safety. We're staying apprised of best practices and new guidelines, which we intend to implement to give each child a chance to experience the outdoors.
This year, we'll be implementing the following practices:
- Each child and employee will have his or her temperature checked before entry.
- We are following the state guidelines which require counselors and children to wear masks.
- We are increasing the number of hand-washing stations and availability of hand sanitizer, and are explicitly teaching hand-washing.
- Children will stay in small groups with the same counselors all through the week.
- We will minimize time spent in enclosed spaces and maximize time spent outdoors.
- Each child will have his or her own space in which to store personal belongings and water bottles.
- We are increasing cleaning and sanitizing efforts throughout the farm, especially in the Farm Market and other high-touch areas.
- We'll be following other guidelines as outlined by the state of Utah here.
We know your child will have a wonderful experience this year at Farm Camp. And we're committed to making it as safe as it is fascinating.
Welcome to the farm!
Keep up with us as we move through the seasons with fresh produce, workshops, summer camp, holidays, and events.